Skip to main content

Write about a time when you had to rely on your mother (or any other prominent female in your life) during your time of need.

 I always rely on my mother, because she and I get along really well. We actually get along so well that we have matching tattoos. One time I had to rely on her specifically though was when my grandmother passed away. I was very young, but it was very hard on me. I still did not understand death and loss, but I knew something was wrong. My mom helped me understand what was happening, while also comforting me, while doing the same for my twin brother, and caring for my grieving father. She is truly a superwoman. 

Today in class we read a poem about motherly roles. I think this will help me when I write about female relationships for my essay (if that is the prompt I choose... I am still deciding.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you believe is the most beautiful creation in the world—natural or man-made—and why?

 I believe the most beautiful creation in the world is waterfalls. There's something so magical about the cascading water and the way it falls on the rocks below. They truly show me the scale of the Earth, and how small I am in comparison to everything. I can't see them and not thank God for everything he does. Today in class we read the poem Tyger and answered questions about it. I really enjoyed this poem, especially in regards to Earth Day. I am going to the aquarium with my friends for a yoga class today and I am very excited.  

Imagine writing a letter to yourself 10 years from now. What advice, hopes, or reminders would you include?

Dear future Ashley,      Hey! This is Ashley from 2025, right before I graduate high school. Currently there is a lot of uncertainty in my life. I don't know where I am going to college, and I still have many years of education ahead of me. Hopefully by the time I am reading this I have a clear picture of who I am becoming. I will have finished med school by then, and I will be in my residency program. I know it might be hard, but I also know you are doing great.      Future Ashley, I know you are stressed, because past Ashley is always stressed. Remember to breathe and take time for yourself. You are going to make mistakes. You are never going to be perfect, but you are going to try your hardest. You have already impacted so many lives, and you still have so much life to live. Remember to always live life to the fullest, and remember to have fun.  - Ashley (1-29-2025) Today in class we read more of the Color Purple and answered questions about what we...

What holiday do you look forward to the most each year, and why is it your favorite?

 My favorite holiday is Christmas. I look forward to many aspects of it, and the time around of it. I love the candlelight Christmas Eve service at my church, especially because I have been able to be a part of the service for the past 7 years. In our family, we have Christmas day with about 25 family members, which is a lot of people, but it is fun for a little while. I love the combination of religion and family this holiday encompasses.  Today we took a common assessment for multicultural Lit. I felt very confident on it and I am hopeful it helps me get above an 85.